Five for Friday!


I haven't been as productive this week as I would have liked, but here are my five for Friday!

1. I successfully made a Mongolian beef recipe for the husband and the dish actually turned out.  As you know, I'm not a very good cook, so any time I have a success it's a happy day.

2. A care package for my friend and her husband. I had some mishaps with printing the shipping label on USPS, but I think that I'm finally going to get this sent out.
 3.  I finally finished Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.  I think it took me a long time to read it because it was relatively obvious what would happen, and I didn't find the writing terribly engaging.  I think it would be an okay book to use when teaching 8th or 9th grade, but I prefer When the Emperor was Divine for a book that deals with Japanese internment.
Via
4. Registering to vote!  November will be here before we know it, so I registered to vote and now I'm just researching to figure out who I'm actually going to vote for.
Via
 5. Saturday is my dad's birthday!  My sister is flying up to celebrate, and I will be driving to my parent's house.  In honor of the occasion, I attempted to make him a pecan pie trying this new recipe. We will also be celebrating my brother's birthday, so this weekend should be pretty festive!

What are your weekend plans? I'm really looking forward to my trip home to be with my family!



2 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

You are so nice to put together that sweet care package, wow! What a thoughtful thing to do.

Thanks for linking up with us :)

WorthyStyle said...

I am SO obsessed with that exact Krave product. I do not like jerky and I adore those. Yum yum.