Five for Friday!

To be honest, it was really hard to come up with Five for Friday this week, but I'm giving it my best shot!
1. Over the weekend, I decided to use the rest of my quinoa that I had on hand. Awhile ago, I had tried this recipe and I wasn't impressed.  (I think it was the lack of cheese, which is quite arguably my favorite food group.) I remembered seeing this recipe from Alexandra Bee's blog, so I decided to give it a whirl on Sunday.  I was generous with the Parmesan cheese, but I have to say that I think it's pretty tasty.

2. I'm looking forward to starting the book Lunch in Paris.  I think it will be light-hearted and a fun distraction.
Via
3. Get well wishes- On Tuesday my mom had surgery on her shoulder and then on Thursday my FIL had a surgery. My FIL's surgery is more serious, but everything has made it a lot to pray about.

4. It's been a rainy week, but now that the rain has cleared the weekend is supposed to be beautiful.  I'm loving the fall weather, and I think this print could be so much fun.
Via
5. On my way home, NPR was reviewing this children's book.  While I'm not in the market for one, the story sounds so whimsical and well-crafted. I think this would be such a fun gift for friends with children.
Via
This weekend I am hoping to catch up on some errands and such.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend and can enjoy this fall weather!

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

i am loving the fall weather here! i got to wear long sleeves and was way too excited about. plus it's my bday tomorrow!

Melissa Blake said...

Happy weekend! xoxo