What's Cooking Wednesday: Eggplant Parmesan

I would like to note that this serving is on a salad plate.
Even though I'm not much of a cook, the fall months motivate even me to cook. This weekend I decided to try making eggplant parmesan.  To be honest I didn't grow up eating eggplant, so it is a pretty foreign food to me, and I've always been a little bit afraid of them.  However, they are definitely in season and looked so vibrant in the produce section.  I found this recipe to be pretty easy, although as I made it I realized it's definitely not a health food with the frying and all the cheese. It is delicious though.  I still have basil in season, so I topped my portions generously with the last fruits of summer. Have you been cooking any fall dishes lately?  Every weekend I scroll through my Pinterest boards of things I would like to make acting like I'm never going to cook another meal again. Ahh, the high stakes decisions of my quiet life.

No comments: