Home for Christmas

The last-minute Christmas preparations for this weekend ended up a little differently as planned, as late last week I started to come down with a cold again and it has continued to get worse.  It's looking like we will have to delay celebrating Christmas with our families. We are both pretty disappointed, but there isn't really anything that can be done except wait it out. And also to be thankful for my husband who puts up with sick me.

We have never celebrated Christmas with just the two of us, so we are trying to view it as an opportunity. If you think about it, the first Christmas was just with Mary, Joseph and Jesus.  Sometimes I make it into such a project, but really Christmas began quietly.

Our kitchen is looking like a pharmacy, but the rest is pretty festive and that definitely makes me happy.  I love looking at the Christmas lights on our little tree.
Of course, I have a few pink ornaments on display
 and here is our little nativity scene!
Saturday my big activity was going to the store for soup, and I picked up these cheerful tulips. 
I hope that you all have a very merry (and healthy) Christmas!  In the meantime, I will be consuming more than my fair share of Zinc, Vitamin C, tea, honey, and Robitussin.

1 comment:

MCW said...

It's going around! Fell better and Merry Christmas!