The Boar's Head Inn decorated for Christmas!

On Friday night the husband and I stayed at Boar's Head Inn, as he had a work event and I thought it would be fun to tag along.  I had never stayed there, but was super excited about the prospect. The rooms are traditional with lots of pictures related to Thomas Jefferson.
While not my style, I thought this mirror fit the mood of the room.
My favorite part are these little balconies.  It reminds me of Colonial Williamsburg.
Ours overlooked the pond.
I thought the front entrance was especially festive.  It looked even more beautiful at night with all the lights.
 They also  had carriage rides!
We had lunch there, which was exciting, but made even more special by the fact that our table was right next to a Christmas tree! I had the peanut soup, and it was delicious. 

Afterwards, the husband enjoyed some hot chocolate. 
We decided to walk around and look at all the Christmas trees after lunch.
They really pull out all the stops for Christmas.
One of the other buildings had even more decor!

It was really fun to see all the different themes and definitely put me in the Christmas spirit!  Sorry for all the pictures, but it was quite the sight to see!

3 comments:

MCW said...

Beautiful decorations! Where is BHI? Virginia?

Elle Sees said...

aww!! y'all look so cute and the place looks so inviting and warm!

WorthyStyle said...

I am so glad you all had a fun night at Boar's Head! I love going there for Sunday Brunch or for a staycation. Did they have the fire going in the parlor just off the lobby? That's one of my fave spots. The peanut soup is SO good, I always get it in the Bistro and love it to pieces. As you can see, I'm a big dork about the places I love and I am so happy you got to enjoy it as well - you two should go back!