Paris Party!

This past weekend, I hosted my friend's Paris birthday party!  Even though we were traveling until the day before, I was pretty pleased with how easily everything came together (thank you Trader Joe's). I turned our desk into a little dessert table.
I made two little signs that said "happy birthday" in French, and then added a glitter banner that I found at Crate and Barrel during the Christmas sale. Here is a close up of the meringues and macarons.
For the savory food, I made a cheese plate, some French onion dip, quiche, and shrimp (which isn't French, but is always enjoyed).
Most importantly, I think everyone had a good time!  We played some Cards against Humanity and a new game, Selfie, which is like Apples to Apples. I was really happy to have the opportunity to celebrate my friend!

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

thank you, thank you for calling them macarons!! it's a pet peeve of mine when people call them macaroons, which is something different. anyway, i love how this turned out!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like fun...and I'm now craving macarons! :)