Five for Friday!

I've been quiet all this week, but here is a Five for Friday!
 1. Last weekend my sister flew in from Florida and we spent the entire weekend talking, eating delicious food from Trader Joe's and shopping!  We both had some Gapcash and Old Navy cash to use, and even though it took us awhile, we spent it.  I feel like I got some great deals- a black blazer for $6, a sweater for my MIL for $3 and some nice scarves.  We didn't take any pictures this weekend because it was the type of time where we can just be together and relax.

2. My sister also got two adorable dresses. Both striped, but one from the Gap and the other from Old Navy.
Here's the one from the Gap; I love the pockets.
3. My sister gave me What Alice Forgot, and after she left on Sunday I read the whole thing.  Even though it is a light read, it gave me something to think about.

4.  This week, I also read A Lucky Child, which is a memoir about a child surviving the Holocaust.  While it is traumatic, the resliency of the human spirit is inspiring.

5. The husband is coming back tomorrow from his business trip.  The time has gone pretty quickly and I have felt so loved with all the phone calls, emails and texts.  My brother and SIL even sent me flowers last week, which was such a surprise!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

P!nky said...

What Alice Forgot is a great book!!!!

Those flowers are so pretty!

Elle Sees said...

aw! that is sweet that they went you flowers!! i feel like i've read that book before!