Valentine's Day Weekend Recap!

While I didn't have yesterday off, I'm afraid I ran out of time to do a weekend recap yesterday, so I thought I'd do one today.  To celebrate Valentine's Day, the husband and I decided to go to Founding Farmers for brunch.  It did not disappoint!  I ordered the stuffed French toast, and it was delicious!
The husband picked the eggs Benedict, and he was pleased with his choice. 
That afternoon my parents came up to visit! I know it is an odd day, but it was just how things worked out, and it was so great to see them.  My mom brought cupcakes and they were so delicious!  We had a a really great visit.
On Sunday, I had to work on readings and start a paper for my grad class, and I tried to catch up on weekend chores.  The husband's Valentine's Day gift to me was actually going to the grocery store for our weekly trip (and to make sure that we had food when my parents arrived).  It may seem like a small thing, but it really was so helpful.  How was your weekend?  We have a snow day today (hurray!), and I'm hoping to finish everything for my grad class, cook, and also get things a bit more organized around the house.  Such an exciting life I lead!

3 comments:

saw said...

I wish I had a snow day today! It's going to be 80 here today!
Hope you have a happy day!

MCW said...

No snow day here! Boooo.
I havent been to Founding Farmers yet, but it's on my list!

P*P*P said...

Sounds like a sweet weekend! :) I am at work today...boooo!!!