Tiny Houses!

I find the process of people converting to tiny houses really fascinating. The husband and I live in a 700 sq. ft. apartment, and I think it's actually the perfect size for us.  Our parents do store a few things, but nothing that I wouldn't be willing to part with permanently.  Lately, I've been thinking that even the "essentials" that we have in our apartment truly aren't.  For instance, we have an entire bin devoted to Christmas decor, plus an artificial tree.  The husband also has a set of golf clubs and we have our wedding china. So clearly we have everything we "need" right at our fingertips, and then some.

While I don't think I could handle tiny house living (mainly because of the lack of permanent electricity, plumbing and central heating and cooling),  I admire the idea. I was looking online and here are some houses that are more permanent, still tiny, and just as charming!

Via
Via
Via
Via
Via
Via
This house was built after the Great Fire in Chicago and isn't actually such a tiny home at 780 sq. ft.
Via
I don't know why, but I really am so intrigued by these houses.  What do you think about them?  Maybe it's just the idea that they make the idea of owning a home a little more attainable for all of us.

3 comments:

Dina Gideon said...

I love tiny houses. We would have major issues living in one with our three kids and all of our collections. (My hubby has two rooms *just* for his action figures. I *know*. LOL.)

BUT! I think they are stunning to look at and if it were just me I would rent a space for my sewing stuff (like a studio space) and live in a tiny house in the middle of a forest.

MCW said...

I feel like any house around DC unless you are a millionaire will be pretty tiny ;) I def like my space though, I think after living in small NYC apts I want to spread out!!!

P*P*P said...

So cute! :) Like little dollhouses!