Heading to San Francisco: Any Recommendations?


Last Friday night, the husband mentioned that he will be traveling to San Francisco for work, and we decided that I would buy a ticket to join him for a few days at the end of April.  I'm really excited as I've never been to California, but have always wanted to go.  I have big plans to visit Alcatraz Island, walk across part of the Golden Gate Bridge, ride on a cable car and see the Coit Tower.  Does anyone else have any recommendations or tips?  We will be there for about three days, so I will have the opportunity to hopefully see a few things!

3 comments:

P*P*P said...

This is not at all a "sightseeing" recommendation, but you should try to stop by Miette -- an ADORALBE pastry shop in the city! I'm pretty much obsessed with everything about it - the logo, the sweets....so perfect! Have fun!!

Suburban prep said...

If you can get a chance to go walking around the pier and to Giradelli Square (the cable cars turn around near there).
Try to go to the area near center of town. There are some high end shopping there.
S good Italian eatery is The Stinking Rose (named for Garlic).
If you can try to go across to Sausalito and perhaps to visit the Redwood areas and North there is the wine country.
I spent a lot of my time growing up in the Northern California area as that is where my mother is from.

Elle Sees said...

i haven't been in 1999, so i'd love to see your pics!