Memorial Day Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  We enjoyed celebrating the husband's birthday on Friday night. I got off from work a little earlier than usual, so I had time to make him some salmon, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.  We also celebrated with cake and presents!

On Saturday, we went to the Nationals game to continue the birthday celebrations.  It was a beautiful day, and it was actually hot where our seats were located.  I think summer is finally here!

On Sunday, two of our friends came up to visit and we decided to go to the zoo.  It was really great to see them, and we also enjoyed seeing all the different animals.  It's amazing how much personality the apes had.  Look at this one staring out the window looking at his friends playing above him.
We also saw the elephants (a personal favorite) and we were able to see the bears up close.  I wasn't able to get a photo of this, but the bear came up to the glass and there was a little girl on the other side and they just looked at each other, separated by a few inches of glass.

Monday was low-key, as the husband had some work to do, so I was able to catch up on chores and continue the quest to purge some of our belongings to make room for Baby J.  I was able to drop off three grocery bags of things at the Goodwill, so a little progress is being made! I'm thinking a trip to Ikea is in order a little later in the summer. In addition to donating things, we're also just going to have some smarter storage.  How was your weekend?  I hope it was relaxing!

No comments: