Mother's Day Gift Ideas!

I've been a bit behind, so while we were in San Francisco, I tried to use the extra time to start thinking about Mother's Day gifts.  We always keep things really simple for Mother's Day (see last year's gift here), but I wanted to make sure to do something that would make both of our moms feel special.

Since my MIL likes San Francisco a lot, I decided that she would enjoy a few local gifts. I picked up a vase from Heath Ceramics, some McEvoy olive oil, and these cute earrings at Jackson and Polk.  A few days earlier, I had also found this candle at Papyrus.  Even though they are just little tokens, I think it came together well.
My mom always insists that she doesn't need anything, but I can't help buying her just a little something.  While in San Francisco, I picked up these ginger snaps from Miette (they said they would stay good for up to three weeks!).  I was kind of at a loss for what else to get her, but then I saw this cup at Target and paired it with her favorite tea. It's definitely just a little something, but I hope it will brighten her day!
Even though we won't be celebrating together in person, I hope that these little packages will help our moms realize that we are thinking of them! What are your favorite gifts to give for Mother's Day?

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

cute ideas! i haven't bought anything yet. slacker over here!

P*P*P said...

Love your gifts! They're so cute!! My mom is always so hard to buy for -- the woman who has everything! I bought her a new necklace (jewelry never hurts, right?) and a sweet book. My mother-in-law will be getting a gift as a nod to her soon becoming a grandmother. Hopefully they both love their gifts, I know your mom's will love what you got them!! :)