Scenes from San Francisco!

So, San Francisco was awesome. Going into this trip, I was pretty excited, but the city exceeded my expectations. We were only there for a few days, but I think I was able to see a lot on my own. On Sunday we checked into the hotel, took a nap and then headed to the Ferry Building. I loved all the little stalls and actually headed back there later in the week to pick up some gifts. We ate at Cowgirl Creamery, which was good. I also saw the cute bakery Miette that was recommended by Positively Preppy in Pink.

The husband had to do work on Sunday afternoon, so I walked up to Coit Tower by myself. It was quite a walk, but the views were great and I got to see the murals. Later that night we walked toward Fisherman's Wharf and saw the seals and different street performers.
 The next day we explored  Golden Gate Park, and walked through the Japanese Tea Room.

Since it was close to our hotel, we also walked through Grace Church, which was really beautiful.
We had a picnic in Alamo Square and saw the painted ladies.
 I did some shopping in the afternoon on Chestnut street, and I enjoyed all of the different types of stores. That evening we decided to visit the Golden Gate Bridge, but the fog had rolled in.
The next day, I visited San Francisco's City Hall, which was gorgeous.
Later that day, I walked through China Town, and the Cable Car Museum.  The next day, I visited Alcatraz, which I found really intriguing.
 Even though the island is desolate, it still has beautiful flowers.
Afterwards, I walked to Fisherman's Wharf (stopping at Boudin for lunch), Ghiradelli Square and Lombard Street.
That evening I was thrilled to ride a street car up the hill after shopping in Union Square. My legs were pretty tired by that point.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip and it really helped to get a change of scenery.  I'm happy to be back in DC though and settling back into my routine.

1 comment:

P*P*P said...

SO fun!!! Looks/sounds like a GREAT trip!! :)