Dresser Transformation: A Changing Table for Baby J!

I know I've talked about this a lot, but the husband and I are both pretty excited about our little dresser transformation.  I didn't get a before picture of the dresser while it was in the closet, but here is how it looked when we were using it in our bedroom.
There are lots of things wrong with this photo, but clearly this dresser wasn't exactly cheerful. However, it fits perfectly in our closet and was made by the husband's grandpa, so we wanted to make it work for Baby J's changing table.  I think we were both a little dubious about it, but a little bit of white and pink paint and the husband's hard work perked it up!
I wanted to make this little corner feel like Baby J's space, so I took a quick trip to Home Goods and stocked up on some wrapping paper.  I lined the drawers with some polka dot and quatrefoil designs.
I then decided to use a little bit of the wrapping paper as "wallpaper."  Even though it's not permanent, I thought it really completed the nook. The husband wants the space to look fun, so I went with an animal print that I think is pretty whimsical.
The great part is that if we get tired of the pattern, we can change it out easily.  Now we just need the changing pad!  This will probably be our only diy project for Baby J, so thanks for bearing with me.  I know I've talked a lot about this little dresser!

2 comments:

P*P*P said...

So cute! Go you!! I love this project (painting furniture ALWAYS feels like a HUGE project!). I love seeing all of those little baby clothes too. :)

Elle Sees said...

very cute!! i'm so excited for y'all!