Five on Friday: Things We Need to Accomplish Soon!

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm so excited that the weekend is almost here and hoping that the husband and I can get some things done.  We haven't made very much progress in preparing for Baby J as I would like, and I'm kind of starting to panic.  Here are five things I'm hoping we can take care of in the next week or so.

1. Find a car seat that fits in our VW Beetle.  I've been reading different things online and it sounds like the Graco Snugride 35/40 or the Chicco Keyfit might work.  Since it's our primary car, I'm really nervous about the whole thing, and I think we just need to take the plunge and see if it's feasible or not.
Via
 2. Pack up things in the kitchen that aren't essential, so we can make room for baby bottles and the like. Wine glasses, it's time for you to go.
Via
3. Finish registering.  About a month ago, I made a lot of progress with this, but there are still quite a few things that I probably haven't thought of that I should address soon. To complete this, I'm referencing this list from A Cup of Jo, as well as this one and one from A. Liz Adventures among others. As a random aside, we picked up our little registry packet from Target and it's quite the little gift bag!

4. Figure out what we are doing for the nursery space!  My ideal nursery space would look something like this.
Via
Or this...
Via
With that said, Baby J isn't getting a special room and the husband wants the nursery space to be more fun and have a theme.  A long time ago we had thought about doing a Winnie the Pooh theme because that is special to us, but I'm really stuck on how to do it well.  I'm hoping to figure out a plan to merge both of our tastes.

5. Paint the dresser for the changing table. I'm extremely nervous about doing this, but I think if we could paint it white it would really make it look better. 

We also have to finish clearing out all the stuff from my side of the closet and re-do the storage under our bed, so these are just the highlights, but it makes me feel better to write a few of these items down! This weekend won't be too much work though.  We have a wedding on Saturday night that should be lots of fun!  What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

Cole said...

What beautiful examples of what you want the nursery to look like!