Gender Reveal Party Recap!

As I mentioned, this past weekend was our gender reveal party!  Going into the weekend, I was thinking that maybe we'd made the wrong decision to host one, but it ended up being a great time and I think it was really special that our families could find out together.

My sister flew in early on Thursday night and it was great to have some extra time with her. On Friday we went shopping in Tyson's Corner and did a little prepping for Saturday.  That evening the husband's mother and grandmother came over for dinner, and we had a nice little visit.

On Saturday, we enjoyed lunch and quick trip into the city with my mother-in-law and the husband's grandma until the party later that afternoon. 

We also picked up Georgetown cupcakes for the party later that day.  I was really excited that they did gender reveal cupcakes!
That afternoon, my sister and I finished setting up for the party and then my family arrived!
My mom had brought ribbons, which everyone wore for their guesses.
 The husband was in charge of our betting station and I had made an old wives tale sign, so people could make an "intelligent" guess.
We played a game of "Baby Jeopardy" which the husband had organized. It was competitive and lots of fun! Then it was time for the reveal! Since we had found out early, the husband came up with the idea to order some engraved picture frames, which everyone opened at the same time.
Once they opened them up, they could see that we are going to have a girl!
My brother videotaped the whole thing, so it is really neat that we will be able to have that to remember the day by.  He also took a lot of great pictures on his good camera, which he's going to send me soon.

We promptly celebrated with a champagne toast!
 That evening we had a simple meal of bbq, and of course our Georgetown Cupcakes!
 On Sunday, everyone came over for brunch and we were able to visit a little bit more.  I had made simple favors with chocolates that we sent everyone home with.  
 All in all, it was a great visit, and I'm really thankful we could celebrate together with our families!

7 comments:

P!nky said...

Yum! Georgetown cupcakes are so delicious! Congrats, lady!

P*P*P said...

A girl! YAY! SO EXCITING!!!! What an extra special reveal too...looks like such a fun time and what a great memory for you all!

agalandherdog said...

Yay for little girls! Congratulations!!

MCW said...

A girl!!! So exciting! Everyone I know who is pregnant is having a boy, so happy for you!

Christine said...

Congrats! So excited for you!!!

Amanda Klein said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice!! Congrats on your little GIRL!!

Elle Sees said...

aw congrats on the girl!!! i suggest "elle" for the name! hehe