Happy Wednesday/A Very Belated Weekend Recap!

How have you been lately?  It's been a busy past few days, but I finished two big events up at work this week, so I'm hoping that things will slow down just a little bit.

This past weekend we visited the husband's dad and it was also really good to be able to spend that time together. Even though I really like DC, I have to admit that I always feel a little calmer when we travel outside of the city and all of the congestion. We drove down on Friday night after work and made it to his Dad's house a little after midnight, so we had all of Saturday and Sunday to spend together. On Saturday we had a nice little lunch at Panera and stopped by Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt, which is always a favorite.You can't tell from the photo, but this Hokie bird is actually made of Legos.  Isn't that cool?
 Even though there is a lot going on,  the husband's aunt took me to pick out a few little things for Baby J on Saturday afternoon.  She got this adorable little rattle, which I think may inspire the nursery space...we shall see!  I also went to her house and looked at material for a baby quilt.  It really is meaningful to think that Baby J will have a quilt made by her.  That evening, we enjoyed a really nice dinner sitting outside and enjoying the mountain views. On Sunday, we did a little cleaning out of the husband's old room.  There is still a bit of work to be done, but I think we got a lot done in a very short period of time.  All in all, it was really good that we were able to go down and visit. How is your week going?  I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend!


1 comment:

christina @ the new mrs said...

I feel like summer is speeding up every day! Looks like a great weekend!