Week 21: Pregnancy Update

Happy Monday!  I hope that everyone had a lovely weekend.  This past weekend was really wonderful with our gender reveal party with our families, and I can't wait to share a few details from the party with you tomorrow.  In the meantime, I meant to post this last week, but I got a bit behind, so here is the week 21 recap for memories sake!

How Far Along? 21 weeks

Size of Baby: A carrot -10.5 inches long!

Nursery: Still just our closet and bedroom, but when my parents come to visit this weekend I'm hoping they will be able to take a few things home with them to store so there will be more space for Baby J. 
Symptoms: I've been waking up in the middle of the night, which is pretty unusual. I know the second trimester is supposed to bring a lot of energy, but I still find myself getting tired and taking a nap on the weekends.
Cravings: Still craving watermelon.  I wasn't able to pick any up this weekend, so I will definitely be purchasing some soon!

What I Miss: It's starting to become more real, so I'm not missing too much this week. 

Best Moment This Week: The husband and I decided that we couldn't wait to find out the gender, so immediately after our 20 week appointment, we peeked.  Of course, that has put my planning and dreaming into overdrive.  I'm really glad that we have had this time together as a couple to process everything and the husband came up with a neat way to surprise everyone about the gender on Saturday.  I also went to TJ Maxx this past weekend, and I discovered that they actually have a pretty good baby section.  I found a few things that I was thinking of registering for on sale for 50 percent off, so I went ahead and purchased them. 

Looking Forward To: The gender reveal this Saturday!  

6 comments:

Dina Gideon said...

Oh, yay! Love your pregnancy updates. :)

So you look beautiful in that photo, being a momma to be really suits you!!!

I hear you on the tiredness, I wish I could say it would pass, but I always find I am more tired when pregnant, I may have had bursts of energy, but they weren't anything epic.

Your craving for watermelon, lol. That and jello is all I ever craved when pregnant. I am so glad I am not alone. GO get some watermelon, it will taste so good once you get it and eat it!

saw said...

Yes, being a momma to be really suits you. :)

MCW said...

Can't wait to hear what Baby J is!!!!

P*P*P said...

Eek!! Can't wait to find out what your little babe is and to hear how you surprised everyone. :)

Amanda Klein said...

Looking fab in your Lilly!!!

Laura Darling said...

You must be so excited for the gender reveal!!!