Fourth of July Recap!

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!  I have to admit that I'm pretty sad that the weekend is over.  It was really great seeing my family and having the time together, but the next time we will be celebrating will be at the beginning of August for my baby shower, so that's definitely something to look forward to!

My sister and her boyfriend flew in on Thursday night, and we enjoyed hanging out and catching up.  On Friday, my sister and I decided to do a little shopping.  I found two maternity dresses at Macy's that I really like and were very inexpensive, and I also got two pairs of pants for the husband at Banana Republic that had been marked way down.  My sister found a cute dress that will be perfect to wear to work in sunny Florida and looked really nice on her.  With all the shopping, we also stopped for lunch at Season's 52 to celebrate the fact that she has tenure! I am so proud of her, and I'm always in awe of everything that my sister has done.
Friday night we just enjoyed hanging out and then on Saturday my parents, brother and sister-in-law came up.  They surprised us by wearing these shirts.
 We also celebrated the fact that my SIL just finished her Master's degree, and had a few cupcakes in honor of her.
And then it was time for more Fourth of July fun!
Since it had rained that day, the fireworks didn't end up being the best, but it was still great to be together.  
On Sunday everyone came over for a quick brunch and then headed back home.  I'm really glad that we were able to spend the time together.  How was your weekend?

1 comment:

P*P*P said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! Love the custom shirts your siblings/sibling-in-law's wore! Glad you had a great time. :)