What's Cooking Wednesday: Chickpea Waldorf Salad

Via
I have to admit that during the summer I'm pretty uninterested in cooking.  In the fall, making casseroles and other hearty things seem just right, but it all seems way to heavy for the summertime.  Quite frankly, I would be happy to just eat tomatoes, mozzarella and basil all summer long and call it a day.  That's pretty much what I did last summer and I was as happy as I could be.  This year I can't eat the mozzarella, and I also am trying to keep my protein intake high, so I've just been having spinach, cottage cheese and tomatoes for lunch, but I've been getting pretty bored with that.

Over the weekend, I looked through some recipes on The Kitchn, which I find to be a pretty reliable resource in hopes that I could get some inspiration. In keeping with the salad theme, I decided to make the chickpea waldorf salad for my lunch this week.   I have to admit that it has lots of flavor and is a nice break from my usual fare.  It doesn't really showcase summer fruits and veggies, so it would also be a great meal during the fall or summer.   What do you usually enjoy bringing to lunch at work? I am always up for new ideas!


1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

i need some new salad ideas, so i welcome this with open arms!