Five for Friday!

Yay for Friday! For those of you who went to back to school this week, congratulations on making it through. It's been a long week, but here are my five!


Whatever you may think about politics, I really admire Jimmy Carter.

I'm easily swayed by trends, and with pom poms being popular right now, I want to figure out how to add that to our home/Baby J's nursery.  Maybe it will just be added to my wardrobe...
Via
One thing that I'm hoping we will get accomplished in these next few weeks are installing some black out curtains and blinds in our living room and maybe in our bedroom too (here's hoping it will hope Baby J sleep!).  Since our ceilings are tall, I'm really limited with options, but I'm thinking of trying out these curtains from Ikea. I'm not super crazy about them, but it seems nearly impossible to find curtains longer than 96 inches that are reasonably priced. I've thought about buying material, but I think that would be even more expensive!
Via
Via
I've been working on a pregnancy scrapbook this week, and it's made me wish that I had taken a few more photos/was more photogenic.  However, that process has gotten me thinking about a baby book for Baby J.  This one looks cute.
Via
This fall weather!  Northern Virginia/DC has been experiencing some beautiful and cooler days this week.  I've been going on walks during my lunch, and it has been so nice to get a little break out in the sunshine.

How has your week been?  I hope you are looking forward to a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Tess said...

In the next few weeks I'm really hoping to take all of my pregnancy posts from the blog and turn them into a little pregnancy scrapbook too so I'm trying to just take a bunch of pics regardless of how I think I look right now! I know we will both look back on this time fondly!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

that pom-pom scarf is SUPER cute!

The Classy Chaos said...

First time stopping by from Five on Friday! Congrats on expecting! When are you due? The scrapbook is a great idea. I have failed both of my children in keeping up with that sort of thing. :( I'll regret it later in life. For sure. :( And I'm with you on the cooler temps, but it looks like it was a tease. Back in the upper 80s low 90s for us this upcoming week!

Happy Weekend to you!

Trista
www.theclassychaos.blogspot.com

The Frugal Blogger said...

This reminds me, I really should install my curtains in my room! I think they compliment the setting AND they shoo away the heat from the outside! Happy weekend to you and your family!

xoxo,
Abby
www.thefrugalblogger.net

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

How fun are the first curtains from IKEA? Love those!

Angela said...

That baby book is really cute!