Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!  Ours was low-key, which was really great. Saturday morning, I took care of errands and the husband went into the office to get a little bit of work done.  When the husband came home, he surprised me with some flowers and watermelon. The color of the flowers make me think that fall is just around the corner!
Sunday I did a little more organizing around the apartment.  It's amazing to me how quickly clutter accumulates, but I was excited to get all of our office supplies and toiletries a lot more organized.  I also finally ordered our curtains for the apartment. Now I'm just hoping that they work out once they arrive. 

That afternoon, we decided to take a trip to the US Postal Museum.  We had never been there before, and to be honest, I thought it might be pretty boring.  However, the building is gorgeous, and the exhibits were very interactive and engaging. If you ever have a chance to visit, I highly recommend it.
 On display they had the first postage stamp, a letter mailed from the Titanic, and the world's most expensive stamp. 
Letter mailed from the Titanic
There were also interactive sections on the different modes of transportation that have been used to deliver the mail.
They also had a whole section on postcard secrets, where people have mailed in a secret they have on a postcard.  After that we headed over to Union Station to pick up some burgers at the Shake Shack, which I had never tried out before. It was delicious!

How was your weekend?  With Labor Day coming up, it's hard to believe that summer is drawing to a close.

5 comments:

Dee said...

That's so sweet that your husband surprised you with flowers... points for hubby! The flowers are so pretty, too. It looks like you both had a great day at the museum. That's always fun... :)

P*P*P said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Score on for the husband with the flowers and watermelon. ;) Um...and how good is Shake Shack? Now I'm obviously craving a burger.

The Frugal Blogger said...

An adventure to the museum looks so much fun! I'm glad you had a lovely little weekend with a surprise of flowers! So cute!!

xoxo,
WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK

Elle Sees said...

my step-dad was a postal worker for years and i have a relative who's a post master general--they'd love that museum!! that is so sweet you got flowers :)

Candace Shiflet said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! The US postal museum actually does sound pretty interesting, if I ever visit I will be going there! :) Those flowers are gorgeous!!
xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants