How we changed our apartment to make room for Baby J!

The husband and I have lived in our apartment for four years now, which is the longest we've ever lived anywhere after college and it truly feels like home. Since we are so attached to our current place, we decided that we wanted to avoid moving for at least a little while.  With the re-purposing of space in honor of Baby J, I thought I'd take a quick look to see how we've changed some of our spaces. When we first moved in, we decided to skip a dining room table and we made an office space instead. 
To make room for Baby J, we decided we didn't really need the desk after all, so that got moved out and it is now home to her crib.
.
We went with the Winnie the Pooh theme because it's always been special to my husband and me.  During undergrad I made a little book for him using Winnie the Pooh.  When the husband proposed, he bought a Winnie the Pooh and Piglet because they are so meaningful to us, so of course, they needed to make their debut for Baby J.  At first I was worried it would be too gender neutral, but of course there ended up being plenty of pink.
These quotes are still some of my favorites.
I also put a little basket of stuffed animals and toys next to the crib.  I think I will probably get another larger basket eventually, but for some reason, this little basket just makes me happy.
 I've already mentioned the closet transformation, but my half of the closet went from this (pictured when we first moved in) to a space for her changing table, clothes and other items.
 It's definitely more cheerful, and I think is actually more functional than it's ever been.

 
I love seeing her books on display.
The bedroom is admittedly the least seamless space re-allocation.  We had a nice little corner with books and my jewelry, but the space was really underused.
This is now where we put the cradle and the glider.  The cradle was made by my dad and is where I slept when I was first born.  We will only use it until she can roll over, and then I think this space will be a little less crowded.  For now though, it's nice and functional, and it means a lot that we can include a piece that is a little more sentimental.
When we first set everything up, I was terrified about how it would all work out, but I'm happy that the space still feels roomy and I'm hoping that it will function well once Baby J joins us in our home.  We won't be staying here forever, but I think it's nice that we will be able to bring her home to the place we've loved so much.

6 comments:

Annie said...

It's perfect! You'll make it work. What matters is that you're all together!

P*P*P said...

It looks great! Babies don't need a lot, and you have already outdone yourself. Tick tock, tick tock...your sweet baby will be here any day! :) :)

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I love the changes! And they are so creative... I'm jealous! :)

Elle Sees said...

loved the before and afters!! great ideas! love how it turned out!

P!nky said...

Your nursery is sooooo sweet! Love all the tiny touches!

The Frugal Blogger said...

I wish I lived in my apartment for as long as four years! Sometimes, I feel like moving some place else again since the AC is terrible here.

Anyway, I'm LOVING the theme! I wish I was young enough to pull of a cute room! LOL!

xoxo,
www.thefrugalblogger.net