Lights, Camera, Action!

When the husband met me nearly 11 years ago, I was happily documenting college life with disposable cameras. I longed for  a real camera, so when the husband gifted me one, it was one of the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts. It has served us well, but one of the things we decided we would need for Baby J's debut is an updated camera. However, I've taken my time with this project because researching cameras is a bit overwhelming to me. I find photography interesting, but when I read reviews about how this person took a six week class in order to understand the camera, it just makes me feel tired. Baby J is going to be here in less than six weeks, so I need something a little more user-friendly. With that said, we still need to find a decent camera to have on hand to photography Baby J, so I have started to do a little browsing. 

From just some casual searching, it seems that there is a big debate between Canon and Nikon.  A few bloggers I read have the Canon EOS Rebel T5 and they seem to like it.
Via
 The Nikon D3300 also got really good reviews too, and in some ways I think might be superior.  However, as I mentioned before, I'm not a serious photographer, so I think this camera would be wasted on me.
Via
I obviously have a lot of research left to do, but I was wondering if any of you have either of these cameras or a camera that you love? 

4 comments:

Laura Darling said...

My dad just got a new camera and could NOT decide between the Nikon and the Canon. He ended up going with the Nikon and LOVES it, and it takes fantastic pictures! Good luck with your decision!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Oh, I'm so ashamed that I have a good Nikon that I never use. :( I find it so much easier to just use my cell phone. How terrible is that? I've owned Nikons and Cannons in the past. I have liked both. I'd probably go for the cheaper at this point, but that's me. Hopefully you get some REAL advice! Haha. Am your newest GFC follower. Happy Wednesday!

P*P*P said...

Hi hi! I have a Nikon and I love it, though I have heard really great things about Canon's as well. I don't think you can really go wrong either way. There are some great YouTube videos online that will help you figure out your camera and its settings once you decide. That's what I did to get started with mine, and while I'm not a professional photographer by any means, I also think it's worth it to invest (or at least download) a nice editing program on your computer. You can lighten and brighten images add contrast, etc., which makes your photos look even more crisp and pretty! :)

The Frugal Blogger said...

I'm on the road to buying a DSLR as well, but I feel like I wanna know more about cameras before jumping in to get one!

Good luck!

xoxo,
WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK