Pregnancy Update: Weeks 35,36 and 37!

 Size of Baby: A little over six pounds!  Good wonder it's getting harder to bend over.

Nursery: Her little "corner" is still a work in progress, but all of her clothes and bedding are ready to go.  I'm also excited that we all of her things are organized and labeled in the dresser and baskets. I've had a lot of different emotions about all of this, and I'm thankful that the husband has been so patient with me and reminds me of how blessed we are.

Symptoms: I am starting to have a harder time sleeping (something that certainly never plagued me before).  I also have some nerve pain, but really things are going pretty well when you think about all of the changes happening!

Cravings: Nothing in particular, although I am ready to have a cup of coffee!

Best Moment: My 36 week doctor's appointment was reassuring.  I've been reading a lot about having a natural birth and quite frankly getting pretty worried about the whole thing.  My doctor said that about 99% of women who come in for delivery end up having an epidural, so that made me feel better. I'm just going to try to do the best that I can, but I'm not going to be ashamed of needing help with pain management. My 37 week doctor's appointment was also positive.  My doctor was impressed that I had the Lilly for Target pineapple shoes, and I told her the story of how the husband stalked them online for me.  Baby J seems pretty comfy, so it doesn't seem like she is going to be coming early.  I'm just hoping she isn't going to be too late!
I can't actually see my toes still, but I stuck out my feet for this photo
Looking Forward To: Setting up the nursery corner and for all of our final preparations to actually be completed!

2 comments:

saw said...

Only a couple more weeks ... :)

P*P*P said...

Eek -- you're SUPER close now!!! :) I'm glad that your appointments have been going well. Sounds like your doctor is super awesome and I'm sure labor and delivery will be totally great for you. I am 100% planning on having an epidural...excruciating pain or just pain? I pick just pain. :) No shame in it. Also, in case you have read anything about it "slowing down" labor....my dad is an anesthesiologist and has done a million (ok, exaggeration) epidurals in his 30+ years of practicing...he told me that it's proven to only slow down labor by about 20-30 minutes AT most. So don't let that fear stop you from having one. :)