Weekend Recap: Celebrating my Sister's Engagement and Getting Ready for Baby J!

I'd really been looking forward to this weekend because I got to see my sister, her fiance and my parents.  My parents came up to help us prepare Baby J's nursery space, but we took the opportunity to celebrate my sister's engagement and celebrated with some cupcakes and champagne/sparkling cider.  My sister's ring is even more gorgeous in person, and I'm so happy for her.  I had bought her this little Kate Spade ring dish as a gift, and I think that she really liked it. 
Later that afternoon, my dad, sister's fiance and the husband got to work on setting up the crib. 
I couldn't believe how fast it got set up! 
 The husband also got the changing pad attached to the dresser.
It was great to finally make so much progress for Baby J!  My parents headed back home that afternoon, and then we just visited with my sister and her fiance.  We decided to take a trip to Trader Joe's and we checked out all of their pumpkin products, which seem especially tempting this year.  We had an easy dinner of lasagna and then later that night they headed back to Baltimore, as they had an early morning flight.  Even though it was a short visit, it was really wonderful to see my family. 

On Sunday the husband and I had a quiet day, hanging up the pictures for the nursery space and just relaxing.  All in all, it was exactly the type of weekend we needed, and I can't wait to show you pictures of everything all set up! How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Elle Sees said...

that is so sweet!! i'm glad you had lots of help:)

P*P*P said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Love the little ring dish you gifted your sister. Can you believe you'll have a baby in that crib in just a few short weeks?!?! :)

Annie said...

So awesome! Can't wait to see her room!

MCW said...

Love that it was a family affair!

And how old is your sister??? She looks like she is 16!!! I also think you look 21. Good genes must run in the family!

P!nky said...

What an adorable ring holder.

Almost baby time, wow!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Yay for progress! That always eases the expecting mother's mind. So glad you had a great weekend!