What's Cooking Wednesday: Thai Curry Chicken Bowl

When putting my grocery store list together this weekend, I didn't really have very hopes for this recipe from Design Love, but in the weeks before Baby J arrives I'm really forcing myself to try some of the recipes I've pinned but never gotten around to making.   I'm so glad that I decided to give this a whirl, because not only is it incredibly easy, but it is delicious. 
Not the prettiest soup, but I promise it's good!
You just need the following:

1 can of lite coconut milk
1 package of chicken breasts
1 bottle of Trader Joe's red curry sauce
Trader Joe's 3-minute brown rice (in the frozen section)
Any veggies that you would like (I used broccoli)

Combine the coconut milk and curry sauce in a pot and add the chicken breasts.  Cook on low for 40 minutes, then add your veggies and cook for another 20 minutes.  Shred the chicken and serve over brown rice. 

I know it is ridiculously simple, but I promise it is tasty (and I think it is relatively healthy)! The best part is that the husband liked it too, which is a rare event.   I'm definitely going to be having these ingredients on hand in the coming months, so we can make this again. Have you tried any new recipes lately?  The hardest part about cooking for me is trying to figure out what to make.

1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

ooh that looks tasty. perfect for the fallish temps today!!