Sarah Catherine: One Month Update!

I have to say that time has gone by much faster compared to waiting for Sarah Catherine's arrival!  We had her one month appointment today and she weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces and 22.25 inches tall. Apparently she has grown two inches since she was born!
Sleep: SC gives us some decent stretches at night, which I am thankful for.  She will usually sleep from 1:30 am to 5:00am and then from 6:00am-9:00am.  Of course, it varies, but I am thankful that she has given us that much sleep in the first month. I probably jinxed myself now that I wrote that down!
 
Feedings: To be honest, feelings have been a challenge from my end.  I have been pumping consistently every two hours during the day and every three at night, but it has been hard to keep up with her.  I have tried fenugreek and made some lactation cookies to help with my supply, but things still aren't working as well as I would like and we had to start supplementing with about 4 oz of formula a day. Now, I think that I'm having difficulty with the pump...so it's always something.  While I am a bit frustrated by the process, I am thankful that she is eating well.
Likes: She loves being held and does a great job napping on your lap. She is also a great eater and when she is ready to eat, we better be ready! She also calms down when her dad sings to her. Her favorite is the Star Spangled Banner...I think she gets scared!
Dislikes: SC isn't a huge fan of diaper changes or bath time. I think it is because both of these activities mean that she isn't warm and cuddly.

Clothes: I was convinced when SC was born that she wouldn't be in newborn clothes very long, but they still fit her. I am looking forward to when she can wear the 0-3 months, because we have a lot more outfit options. For now, we are just keeping the same few sleeper outfits and onesies in rotation, and that has worked well.  The 0-3 months are still comically large on her, so I am trying to enjoy this time when she is so little. It will be fleeting enough, I know!
It is truly amazing how our life has changed in the month.  What an honor and blessing to be a parent!

4 comments:

MCW said...

How has it already been a month! Crazy!
Breastfeeding is easy for some and not so easy for others...personally it's not something I will be doing. However, I know how important it is for most moms. Have you talked to a lactation consultant? My cousin is one and from someone who has never had kids, I know about about breastfeeding. Ha.

P!nky said...

WOW a month already?!?!? She is so precious and glad she is giving you a decent amount of sleep.

Annie said...

Oh my she is so cute! So glad you're loving being a mama!

Annie said...

PS I felt the same way about the newborn clothes.