While I didn't have yesterday off, I'm afraid I ran out of time to do a weekend recap yesterday, so I thought I'd do one today. To celebrate Valentine's Day, the husband and I decided to go to Founding Farmers for brunch. It did not disappoint! I ordered the stuffed French toast, and it was delicious!
The husband picked the eggs Benedict, and he was pleased with his choice.
That afternoon my parents came up to visit! I know it is an odd day, but it was just how things worked out, and it was so great to see them. My mom brought cupcakes and they were so delicious! We had a a really great visit.
On Sunday, I had to work on readings and start a paper for my grad class, and I tried to catch up on weekend chores. The husband's Valentine's Day gift to me was actually going to the grocery store for our weekly trip (and to make sure that we had food when my parents arrived). It may seem like a small thing, but it really was so helpful. How was your weekend? We have a snow day today (hurray!), and I'm hoping to finish everything for my grad class, cook, and also get things a bit more organized around the house. Such an exciting life I lead!
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have a lovely day, however you choose to celebrate (or not celebrate) the holiday. The husband and I will be going to brunch and then my parents are coming up to visit. I haven't seen them since Christmas, so it will be great to see them. Have a wonderful weekend and wishing you lots of sweet surprises!
This year I decided to send a little Valentine's Day package to my sister, sister-in-law and two good friends who don't live nearby. I found theselittle pouchesfrom Forever 21 and I also picked up some jewelry that I thought was fun. It wouldn't be a complete without a sweet treat, so I added some Kind bars or a candy bar.
Overall, I thought they turned out pretty cute! Here they were all ready to be mailed out.
Do you do little things for Valentine's Day? I find that the winter months get me down a bit, so it makes me happy to celebrate the holiday. I find that a little pink adds a lot of cheer!
I've been quiet all this week, but here is a Five for Friday!
1. Last weekend my sister flew in from Florida and we spent the entire weekend talking, eating delicious food from Trader Joe's and shopping! We both had some Gapcash and Old Navy cash to use, and even though it took us awhile, we spent it. I feel like I got some great deals- a black blazer for $6, a sweater for my MIL for $3 and some nice scarves. We didn't take any pictures this weekend because it was the type of time where we can just be together and relax.
2. My sister also got two adorable dresses. Both striped, but one fromthe Gap and the other from Old Navy.
Here's the one from the Gap; I love the pockets.
3. My sister gave me What Alice Forgot, and after she left on Sunday I read the whole thing. Even though it is a light read, it gave me something to think about.
4. This week, I also read A Lucky Child, which is a memoir about a child surviving the Holocaust. While it is traumatic, the resliency of the human spirit is inspiring.
5. The husband is coming back tomorrow from his business trip. The time has gone pretty quickly and I have felt so loved with all the phone calls, emails and texts. My brother and SIL even sent me flowers last week, which was such a surprise!