Five for Friday: Valentine's Day and Baby Books!

I hope everyone had a nice week! Today we are meeting with a surgeon to discuss SC's surgery on her cleft palate.  I know it is routine, but it is still scary for us, so if you can send positive thoughts our way, I'd appreciate it!  In the meantime, here are my five for Friday!
I've been thinking about Valentine's Day and putting together a few care packages for friends.  On Wednesday, J.Crew Factory had free shipping and 25% off , so I couldn't resist buying a pair of these earrings for a friend and also for myself. Hey, the husband is done with his Valentine's Day shopping now!
Via
I also bought a pair of these socks for another friend, and I can't wait to put the packages together!
Via
I don't think I will be able to make it to the mall anytime soon, but if I did, I would love to stop by Forever 21 and check out some of their accessories.  I think that this little locket would be a fun (and inexpensive) little gift for friends.
Via
 SC has finally started to show a bit of interest in this animal book that I've been reading to her.  And by reading, I mean making various animal sounds.  On Tuesday she was actually seemed to notice that there were different textures on the "pages."  I've spent about 2.5 months saying "the cow goes moo", which never gets old to SC, so this sort of engagement is worth celebrating.  In case you are as invested in different animal sounds as I am, here is a video about them in different languages. I'm sure you all are on the edge of your seat!
And related to love and books, I read "Guess How Much I Love You" to SC and she actually seemed interested in what I had to say. Again, something worth celebrating!  That book always makes me tear up a little bit. Fortunately, SC is all smiles (and hearts).
 I hope you have a happy weekend!  Is anyone else starting to think about Valentine's Day?  I think there is definitely a reason we have these holidays in the winter months!

5 comments:

Elle Sees said...

the 6 yr old i nanny for had a cleft lip and palette and had several surgeries for it. l've been there for it all, so let me know if you need support/have questions.

Annie said...

Sending you hugs and good luck on your meeting today! I know it'll go great!

saw said...

SC looks like the happiest baby in the world! Sending prayers and love your way today :)

Laura Darling said...

What a cute locket! And she looks adorable in her little heart outfit!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Ahhhh...during my blogging hiatus I missed your baby! Such an exciting time! She is beautiful and I love that little heart outfit!