Four Months with Sarah Catherine!

SC is exactly four months today, which is hard for me to believe!  Even the baby books acknowledge that four months is an especially fun time, and we have been enjoying every moment. Sleep is good and we are finally on track with her weight gain, which is a big relief. Now, when teething begins and sleep regression starts, I may be singing a different tune, but we are savoring this time while we have it!
Likes: Being bounced up and down, being sung to in the mirror, and all of my little ditties and songs. Finally, after 30 plus years someone has recognized my potential and appreciates it! She especially likes "Old MacDonald", my one hit wonder about the four animals in her play gym-"Franki the fish and Olivia the Octopus, Cara the Crab and Suzy too", "change, change, change my diaper", and my personal favorite, "hip hip hooray, it's going to be a great day." I may only get reviews in smiles, but I'll take it! She is also getting interested in grabbing everything she can and is getting more interactive with her toys. She continues to attempt to get her entire fist in her mouth, but so far, she's been unsuccessful.
One of these days, Mama,  I'm going to get my whole fist in my mouth!  Just you wait!
Dislikes: She still isn't too happy when we are too slow with getting her a bottle. She also gets fussy when she rolls over onto her stomach and gets "stuck." SC continues to sound the alarm when we are at a traffic light or stuck in traffic, so I'm thinking she won't be growing out of that anytime soon.  Fortunately, she has been falling asleep on longer trips that we take.
It's bittersweet, but her sleep gown is getting too small for her.
Clothes: She is definitely in the 3-6 month clothes.  I finally went through all of her clothes and put the smaller sizes into storage, but I have to admit that it makes me a bit sad. The good news is that by re-organizing her clothes, I realized that she has lots of new things to wear that are just as fun! So, it looks like I will have to go back to heavily photographing her every outfit (my feeble attempt to at least capture this time, since I don't think I will be successful at freezing it any time soon)!

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

aw, that makes me sad too--the removing of the newborn clothes! i've felt that way with the littles i nanny for. they were so tiny and it goes by so fast! she is adorable and love the updates!

MWH said...

Love her little sleep gown. My dog doesn't even appreciate my singing voice...maybe my future child will!