Weekend Recap!

This weekend was so restorative! Saturday we just hung out and I got the grocery shopping done. Since we had both been gone for the middle part of the week, it was nice to have some time at home. I also made some cupcakes for my friend's birthday.  
On Sunday, the husband and I took turns watching SC, so we could both have time with friends. I ended up going to lunch with one of my friends to celebrate her birthday, and it was really great to have that time. I came back feeling so refreshed. We have been friends for almost 14 years, so it was fun to catch up, but also just talk about different things. A fair share of the conversation was about our children, but it helped me to have an outside perspective.

When I came back, the husband regaled me with stories of how good SC had been and videos of her rolling over attempts. He then headed out to an early dinner to watch the Super Bowl with friends. All in all, it was exactly what we needed! Did everyone watch the Super Bowl? I only caught the half time show!

2 comments:

Annie said...

So glad you got some time with friends. It really helps sanity!

MWH said...

I watched up until the half time show and then went to bed! Rob did stay up, but I was exhausted! Glad you had some "me" time this weekend.