Tuesday's Thoughts!

I thought I would share a few random confessions/thoughts today, because I am not sure how riveting a story my trip to the post office yesterday would be for everyone.

1. When I was little, I really wanted things to match. You remember those bedroom sets every designer cringes over? That would have been right up my alley. Fortunately, my mom was smarter. Which brings me to my next point. I naturally lack good taste. I am easily swayed by what is in, and usually like whatever is trendy. My sister has a much better idea of what looks good, so when in doubt, I ask her. It has always been this way. When we were little I would be a hot mess of mismatched clothes and my sister would be perfectly coordinated. (I have looked back at pictures to confirm this.) Even the one dress that I remember fondly from the 5th grade is an 80s disaster of ruffles and neon. My sister was also better at "styling" her side of the room. Even though we pretty much had the same "treasures" my things looked like the mismatched disaster that it actually was and my sister would have hers neatly arranged and displayed.
Via
2. I sometimes have a hard time organizing things that are actually important. Remembering Valentine's Day cards; no problem! Birthday cards-in the mail! But rent...oh yeah, we have to pay that.

Via
3. I am a horrible texter. I blame it on the fact that we didn't get a texting plan for such a long time, but my mom is better at it and texts more frequently than I do.

4. Postpartum my hair is a wreck. I am shedding like crazy and I desperately need to get it cut. However, the hair stylist that I normally go to did a horrible job last time, so I need to find a new one. I  pretty terrified that it will get messed up and then I will have bad hair on top of a postpartum body..#firstworldproblems
5. Even though I was an English major, I haven't read a book that isn't related to parenting in way longer then I would like to admit. I find it easier just to get pulled into blogs and articles online. I really need  to get on this because it is just plain embarrassing. But first,I need to finish What to Expect Your First Year...because there is nothing more riveting then reading about introducing your baby to solids.
Via
So those are some thoughts for today. What is up with you?

6 comments:

MWH said...

Cracking up over, "There is nothing more riveting then introducing your baby to solids." Hahaha! Loved these confessions! They really gave me little details of who you are.

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

The good thing is that you have good people in your life to ask for advice from! :) I totally text my sisters and ask fashion advice! :)

saw said...

Love your new blog layout/design :)

Leslie said...

Thanks, Saw! It was a struggle, but I think it is coming together.

Leslie said...

Sisters are definitely the best! Have a great day!

Leslie said...

Thanks for appreciating my light-hearted attempts!