Weekend Recap: A Visit with my Sister!

Happy Monday, everyone! This past weekend my sister came up for a visit, and it was really great to see her (as always).  We enjoyed spending time together and on Saturday, we went to the mall for a little shopping.  We ended up going to Hallmark because I noticed that they were closing and spent an inordinate amount there.  We did get some great cards and recordable books, which I think will be wonderful for the grandparents.  After that epic trip, my sister had an appointment to go dress shopping, so off we went.  To be honest, the first place was a bust, so we decided to go to Georgetown.  She's looking for a less formal dress, so we stopped by Kate Spade and they had some really fun dresses, but nothing that was the perfect dress.  Nonetheless, I think it was helpful for her to at least narrow down what she doesn't want and she has an appointment to go dress shopping again in March when she comes back to visit.  Whatever she wears, I know she will be a beautiful bride!
 Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, so we took SC for a little stroll in the morning. 
That afternoon, my sister helped me rearrange a few things around the apartment.  Kudos to my patient husband for getting these shelves hung up and for my sister's finance in also helping out.  These little shelves would seem easy, but the template was slightly off, making it a bit more of a project.
Normally this chair faces the other way in the living room, but now there is technically a little reading nook where we used to have the crib. I love how that glider swivels!
 I was sad to say goodbye to my sister, but knowing that she will be back in a few weeks definitely made me feel better.  How was your weekend? I couldn't get over how gorgeous the weather was on Sunday!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Oh the shelves look great, love that little reading nook!

Glad you had fun with your sister. Wedding dress shopping is too fun. Has she thought about looking on Jcrew.com? They have some more casual ones.

Elle Sees said...

so glad you got to spend time with the sis and that you have a reading nook now!! it will come in so handy!

Amy Rae said...

Yay for quality sister time! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! :)

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

Tess said...

I may need to copy you and buy those shelves! Leo's books need a better storage option and I love that those don't take up on floor space!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like such a great time! I bet you will have luck with the wedding dress shopping on her next visit!