Birthday Weekend Recap!

What a great weekend!  I had such a wonderful time seeing my family that it was hard to say goodbye, but we will see each other soon, so that helps. 

On Friday afternoon my sister flew in.  She wasn't feeling 100 percent after her trip, so we just took it easy and relaxed.
It was a gorgeous day, so we did decide to take a quick walk with SC because we knew the rest of the weekend would be rainy.

On Saturday, the rest of my family arrived! We had lots of time together, and I made a simple lunch of bbq, using my favorite new recipe.
My favorite memory of that day was when my brother was holding SC and singing different songs to her.  She wasn't that interested so the husband kept suggesting Old MacDonald (her tried and true favorite).  As soon as my brother started singing Old MacDonald, SC perked up and our whole family started signing.  I have no idea what it is about that song, but it is a definite favorite!


That evening my parents, brother and sister-in-law headed back home and my sister and I just hung out and toasted her upcoming nuptials! She is getting married in three weeks, and I am so excited!
Sunday my sister headed back too, but I am very thankful for the time we had together.  I am certainly fortunate!

5 comments:

Elle Sees said...

yay for family and birthday weekends! isn't that funny the songs that kids like as their faves? right now, it's jingle bells for the 2 yr old and anything adele for the 6 yr old.

MWH said...

Looks like a perfect birthday weekend!

Annie said...

Awww so glad you had a great time! I love that yall sang Old MacDonald together to SC!!!

Amy Rae said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time celebrating your special day with your family and having a wonderful weekend with them!

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Quality time with family is the best!