Weekend Recap!

Hello, friends! I ended up taking a blogging break last week because the first part of the week was pretty uneventful and then I visited my parents for a few days. Even though I was only gone a few days, it was a nice change of scenery and my parents loved seeing SC.  It didn't seem like that long ago that I had visited, but it had actually been six weeks, and my parents were ready to have a little time with their granddaughter! I enjoyed the time, but I was also glad to come home on Friday afternoon and see the husband again.
Lots of playtime at the grandparents' house!
The weekend was a bit of catch-up since I had been away for a few days and it was so relaxing. The husband got in two tennis matches and I even decided to hit up the treadmill.  I am hoping that I can start exercising more regularly, but we will see how that goes.  Everyone has been very encouraging and patient with me, but I'm definitely not happy with how things are in the status quo, and am hoping that regular exercise might make me feel better about everything/help me fit back into my old clothes.  I'll wax poetically about how I want to be a good role model for SC later, but for now, I would really just like my old clothes to fit!
She's pretty motivating, though!
In other news, I finally got some deep cleaning done and we spent lots of time hanging out with SC. I also decided to drop my middle of the night pump on Saturday night and got a whole seven hours of sleep for the first time since before SC was born.  It was amazing.
I like to think that she understands how to turn the page. 
How was your weekend?  I feel the Monday after we "spring" forward is always a little brutal.

4 comments:

Annie said...

OMG I bet that 7 hours felt so good! Ugh I need to get back on the exercise train too. I try to walk or run with MA most days but it isn't REAL exercise if you know what I mean!

MWH said...

I'm sure your parents loved seeing their granddaughter! It's nice that you are close enough for a mid-week visit.

saw said...

Cute pictures of SC! Glad you were able to get a little treadmill time in. Happy pi day!

Amy Rae said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting and a great weekend.

SC is so adorable!

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/