Five for Friday

I can't believe that this is the last official weekend of summer!  The husband had his last week of work at his old job this week, so it is really feeling like this chapter is closing. I headed down to Richmond yesterday afternoon for SC's last follow up appointment this morning, and am so relieved and thankful to have that behind us. I say bring on the moving boxes and fall!  I am already dreaming of having our first trick-or-treaters this year.  

ONE
We have been soaking up the last few days of summer with trips to the pool. I have to admit that I will miss seeing this ruffle diaper next summer.
TWO
It seems like SC has been especially busy exploring. She has gotten really good at pulling up, which sometimes surprises me.  She is also teething and will happily chew on any book she can get her hands on. It doesn't seem like very much is safe in the apartment!
THREE
The husband and I keep getting even more excited about the prospect of having a house, and now we are thinking about paint colors. For SC's room I want to decorate it bright pink and white (yay for the curtains arriving), but I am debating if I should paint the walls light pink or white. Any thoughts?
FOUR
This weekend my husband's dad will be visiting, but I am also going to my friend's toddler's birthday party on Sunday. I am so excited about these BabyLit books, since he likes camping and trains.
FIVE
I did this a few months ago after seeing it on Pinterest, but did you know that you can request a congratulations note from the White House when your baby is born? We received ours and I just think it is so nice. I might frame it and hang it up in SC's new room, but at the very least, it is going in the baby book! I am also going to be sure to request one when my niece is born this October!
So those are my five for the week!  I hope everyone enjoys the last weekend of summer!

2 comments:

Annie said...

My sister in law used Sherwin William Verbena in the girl's rooms and it's the perfect shade of light pink and it isn't so overwhelming that you get tired of it quickly.

StephTheBookworm said...

I want to get some of those BabyLit books for Caleb! They're so cute.

Those curtains are super nice! Love them.