Five for Friday!

What a week!  I've been pretty worried about Hurricane Matthew and feel so bad for all of the destruction it already has brought.  As I've mentioned, my sister lives in Florida and she is on the  side which is getting directly hit.  Fortunately, she and her husband were able to evacuate, but it was still really stressful.  I know that it is going to be really tough on so many people as the storm goes through and then dealing with the aftermath.
ONE
In lighter news, I've been loving these pink roses that I can see through the window while washing dishes or in the living room.  I never thought I'd have roses growing in my yard (and next year I will have inadvertently killed them, so enjoying them now!).
TWO
Our house is pretty under-decorated and under-furnished at the moment, but I love that these little vases my husband gave me several years ago have found a home on our mantle.
THREE
As I mentioned I am feeling pretty sentimental with SC's birthday coming up.  While tidying up her closet, I looked through her box of memorabilia and saw the blessings cards that friends and family wrote at my shower.  My sister's card is especially sweet, and it actually makes me even more excited for my niece who will be arriving any day now.  My sister is such an amazing aunt, and I'm hoping I can be half as loving as she is!
FOUR
My mom gave SC this little Halloween outfit so I decided to try to take a few pictures in case we don't make it to the pumpkin patch.  I still remember when SC was first born we tried to take some Halloween pictures and it was so stressful with her being a newborn.  She was not into the outfit change. So much has changed in a little less than a year!
FIVE
This Monday and Tuesday I took two little day trips to meet my mom halfway from her house and ours, which is such a treat.  SC enjoyed some time swimming, getting strolled around Colonial Williamsburg and seeing her grandma. We also did some shopping and found these beautiful novels on sale at Home Goods.  I actually had been wanting them for awhile, and am so excited.  As a side note, I started reading the beginning of Peter Pan, and it is just so lovely.  Even though SC is too little to enjoy hearing the story yet, I am going to try reading it soon on my own.  And I don't think this will come as too much of a surprise to anyone, but I love L.M. Montgomery, and read every book she wrote except for one when I was a child. I know SC probably won't be as obsessed, but at least she will have these pretty books to look at (which beats my battered paperback copies)!
I hope everyone has a good weekend and stays safe!

3 comments:

Elizabeth at The Lovely Latte said...

I love your pink vases. And that Halloween outfit is precious!

Annie said...

Roses are so sweet. You should cut a couple and stick them inside for you to enjoy too! Love your mantle with the dental molding...very fancy! The vases look perfect up there! Let us know how your sister makes out. Glad they evacuated!

StephTheBookworm said...

I LOVE those vases! So pretty.

That outfit as absolutely adorable and those books are beautiful.

Have a great weekend!