Five for Friday!

After Hurricane Matthew we have had some beautiful fall weather this week!  I'm starting to feel like we are settling into a bit of a routine now and things are starting to feel more like home.  This weekend we are celebrating SC's first birthday with our families, so it should be a fun time!
ONE
On Wednesday, I decided it was high time that SC and I go check out the public library.  I looked online before we went to see about story time, and it seemed that everything had a waiting list.  I figured it would be easier to just go down there in person and see what was up.  It turns out that story time is apparently super competitive to get into?!  The very friendly librarian informed me to fill out the form and have it ready to submit the second registration opens in a few weeks.  So, I don't think SC will have story time in her future, but we did check out the kids section and picked up some great board books.  I also checked out Anna Quindlen's Miller's Valley. I'm only about fifty pages into it, but so far I'm really enjoying the story.

TWO
Even though we are keeping SC's birthday low key, I'm still a bit overwhelmed with it all.  Who knows how the sugar free, egg free, dairy free cupcake monstrosity that I'm going to make SC will turn out, and making all the meals while everyone is here requires some serious planning...not to mention that our house is still looking sparse.  But, we do have the beds set up for everyone with clean sheets, and I made little welcome bags/party favors with a magnet of SC and some snacks. So that should count for something, right?
THREE
On Wednesday, one of my good friends had her baby girl!  I'm sending out a care package to her today, since she lives about four hours away and has family coming to help so we won't visit right away.  I decided to get her a pair of earrings (something to make her feel pretty), two outfits for the baby (she surprisingly doesn't have too many baby clothes already), homemade pumpkin muffins, a Papa John's gift card for an easy meal, and this pretty sign from Lindsay Letters. I can't believe how fortunate we are to have two baby girls join our world in just a matter of days!

FOUR
Speaking of baby gifts, we ordered this little baby block for my new niece. My sister had bought SC one last year for Christmas, and it is such a nice gift.  I am such a sucker for anything personalized.  I'm thinking that for Christmas presents we can get some personalized baby blankets for the two new babies in our lives.  I think this polka dot and stripe one seems nice.

FIVE
We finally got our dining room painted!  My FIL is bringing the table and chairs this weekend, so hopefully the room will look a bit more finished.  We still need to hang the curtains, and eventually I'd like to get new ones and update the light fixture, but at least things are coming along.
So those are a few highlights from the week!  How have things been with you?  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

MWH said...

The to do list is NEVER ENDING! Ha. Can't wait to see more pics of the house. And a waiting list for story time? I have never heard of that!

Just Jess said...

I have never heard of a waiting list for story time! Crazy! I am sure the birthday gathering will be lots of fun. I am impressed you made goodie bags. Have a great weekend. Jess at Just Jess

Annie said...

That gift you put together for your friend is so thoughtful! And goodie bags for your family coming in...you are fancy!!

StephTheBookworm said...

Oh my goodness, what a shame about story time! I'm a librarian and most of our story times are drop ins. We occasionally have waiting lists for other programs that require registration, but wow!

Have a wonderful time celebrating her birthday!