Weekend Recap

Today the husband starts his new job!  I am so happy about this new chapter in our lives, and am thankful for all that he does for our little family.  Here's hoping that he has a wonderful first day!  

On Saturday we decided to have one last hurrah and took a trip to the beach, since the weather was nice.  
We even saw dolphins, which I have never seen before! 
SC seemed really content on the beach.  We held her by the water and dipped her toes in, and she was also happy to just hang out on the beach towel.  I was worried that she would spend all her energy trying to eat the sand, but the husband urged me to just let her explore, and she just gingerly touched the sand and actually didn't seem too interested in trying to make it her next meal.  We will see if that is the case on the next visit!

On Sunday my parents came over and I made the one pan autumn dinner that A. Liz Adventures had mentioned in her Five for Friday last week.  It turned out great, and I will definitely be making it again soon!   

We decided to put SC in her Halloween outfit, as I wanted to make sure it still fit her.  
She is one busy little duck! 
We also finally took a few pictures by our front door.  
The rest of the day I did a little organizing and I also am starting to think about SC's upcoming birthday.  My SIL is due around the same time as SC's birthday, so my husband's family will be the primary participants.  Even though it will just be family, I'm starting to get nervous about pulling together a nice little celebration.  I ordered the monthly prints of SC and during that process looked through all the pictures we took when she was first born.  I can't help but be sentimental about how much has changed this past year. So anyways, that's our weekend recap.  How was yours? 

5 comments:

Elizabeth at The Lovely Latte said...

We have those Chewbeads you are wearing in the last photo, too. Major teething going on around here! I love SC's costume. So precious. Major mom fail that Madeline doesn't have one, yet. Good luck to your hubby on his first day today!

The Lovely Latte

StephTheBookworm said...

Aw, I love her costume! So cute.

Elle Sees said...

Fun for a last beach trip for the year!She looks adorable in her duck costume!

Annie said...

I hope your hubby had a great first day and I love that she enjoyed the beach! MA is going to be a duck too! ;) Two baby ducks!!

Laura Darling said...

I hope your husband is liking his new job! Such an exciting change! ANd she is the CUTEST little duck!!