Thanksgiving 2016

Since we traveled for Thanksgiving it felt especially busy this year!  Last year, we just went to my parents' house, and it was as easy as traveling with a newborn could be.  This year, I headed to my parents on Wednesday morning and my husband met us that evening after work.  We were there for just 24 hours, but had Thanksgiving lunch together and I really enjoyed seeing my sister especially.


My SIL and brother hosted, and they already had all of their holiday decor out (which is super impressive considering they have a six week old baby who isn't too keen on sleeping!).



My brother-in-law is apparently the baby whisperer when it comes to my niece!

After Thanksgiving lunch, we hit the road and then drove to my mother-in-law's house.  It was only about a four hour trip from my parents, which helped SC.  My MIL was really sweet, as she made a little bunny tea party for SC. 
 On Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my husband's family, and it was great to see everyone.
On Saturday, my FIL and husband headed to the VA Tech football game, and SC and I hung out with her grandma and made an art project for her room.
Sunday morning it was time to head back, but on our way we stopped by our friends' house to meet their new baby.  It was a great visit, but SC doesn't quite know what to do with all these new babies!
Then I stayed Sunday night at my parents' house to break up the trip a bit for SC.  Before we headed back on Monday, we got a little visit in with my niece.  This newborn stage is so precious. 

It was a bit of a whirlwind trip staying four different places and five nights, but it was worth it! Now Christmas is in full swing.  We are determined to scale back a bit this year, so I think I have most of the presents ordered, but it's time to put up the tree!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow y'all had a busy but fun weekend!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Sounds like so much fun! And it's always nice to have a baby whisperer in the family!!