Weekend Recap and Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Monday!  I'm so excited that this is a short week and am looking forward to Thanksgiving!  Last Monday I met my mom in Williamsburg again, and we visited Yankee Candle's Santa Village.  It definitely got me excited for Christmas.
I drove down to my parents on Friday and then met one of my friends and her son on Saturday.  It was so great to see her and watch our toddlers interact!
Of course, while I was there I also spent some time with my niece for a few hours on Friday.  It is amazing how quickly she is growing!
I drove back late Saturday afternoon, and was excited that the husband had cleaned up the house and tackled the last little painting spot by the fridge.  I was worried we were going to have mismatched walls for quite awhile since the fridge is so tough to move....

On Sunday, our little family finally made it to church!  While I know this is a normal undertaking for so many people, for us it seems a bit like a gargantuan task.  But we did it, and I hope this is the first Sunday of many!  We decided to try SC in the nursery and she lasted thirty minutes before they beeped us, so that is actually longer than I thought she would make it. That afternoon, I worked  on a Shutterfly album and calendar for my MIL and ordered a few Christmas cards as well.  I think the album's make nice gifts for the grandparents, but they are so time intensive I feel you have to start pretty early. I will be signing off for the rest of this week, but I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Elizabeth at The Lovely Latte said...

What a fun trip with your mom! Happy Thanksgiving week!

The Lovely Latte

Annie said...

Church is intimidating to get ready for, for us too! Great job making it happen! Happy Thanksgiving!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Oh what fun! And it took me awhile before I would put either of my babies in the nursery. I will admit, it got a little easier with baby #2. Hope you enjoy the week! Happy Thanksgiving week!