A Winter Beach Visit

The day after Christmas, my sister and her husband came to visit!  Originally, my parents were going to come too, but they were both recovering from bronchitis (and my dad from surgery earlier this month).  My brother and sister-in-law had also thought about coming down, but they are adjusting to both of them having pretty crazy work schedules and a two month old baby, so it was just too much.  As soon as my parents are feeling better, we will celebrate together, but I was so glad that I could have a few days with my sister.  While we both just wanted to relax and regroup a bit, we decided that a little afternoon trip to the beach would be fun, so off we went!

We just went after SC's nap, and the sky seemed so beautiful.  I really do love being by the water.
I love watching my sister and SC interact. They kept trading a little shell back and forth.
SC actually did a good job walking along the beach, which I thought was pretty impressive.  It's crazy to think the last time we were there she had just turned one and wasn't steady on her feet yet.
That was the main event besides a trip to the park and a viewing of Bridget Jones' Baby during SC's nap time.  It was good to have a little sister time!

2 comments:

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I'm so jealous you are that close to the beach. Looks like an amazing time. And I'm glad you had some quality time with your sister. Hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!

Annie said...

So sweet! I'm sure your sister loves being an Aunt!