Four Things for Monday

Our weekend was pretty quiet as SC and my husband are still recovering from their colds (this darn thing seems to be hanging on forever).  I have to admit that I started to get a little weary of it all.  SC is a bit fussier since she doesn't feel well, all the current events are distressing to me, and we're still pretty housebound since we don't want to go around spreading the cold.  With that said, here are a few thoughts for Monday!

ONE
It's not all doom and gloom around here, as in two weeks SC and I will be heading down to Florida with my MIL to visit her great-grandma.  It should be lots of fun in the sun, but I'm a bit apprehensive about her first plane ride.  Any tips for an unwieldy toddler?
TWO
I was especially bleak on Sunday afternoon, so the husband suggested I might enjoy a quick jog around the neighborhood.  While I was dubious at first, I decided to jog until I felt regrouped.  A little exercise and fresh air really did the trick (and hopefully offsets the brownie I had that evening for dessert)...
My running shoes aren't very inspiring, but the sunsets around here sure are lovely
THREE
Our pantry is a bit of a mess, and I can't help but be inspired by The Home Edit's beautiful pantries.  While ours is never going to look like this, I'm going to try to hit up the Dollar Store this week and see if I can make it over a bit during nap time.
Via
FOUR
And finally, here are a few words from Shauna Niequist's Savor devotional that really soothed my soul this week.
I hope that they may uplift you too, friend.

6 comments:

Tess said...

We really do need the uplifting right now. Reality is seeming so dark outside my bubble too, and it's an anxious, scary place. Hoping to spread kindness this week too. <3

Annie said...

Sending you hugs! Glad the run helped! Could you bundle SC up and get out for a short walk today? Being outside always helps me! On traveling with a toddler - do you have an iPad or phone you can get apps on?

Annie said...

Sorry for two comments! Peekaboo app and video touch app are Molly Anne's favs!

Elle Sees said...

I'll be in FL this weekend too! WOW at the sunset. I have pantry goals with that pic! Mine is kinda...meh.

MWH said...

Current events are stressing me out too. I am getting over a cold, or I would be out running too! It always helps.

Erica Ashley said...

Ugh colds are the worst! That sunset looks beautiful, that would get me out there running!