Goals for 2017

When I started this post, I was a bit worried that it might very well be February before I even formulated my New Year's resolutions, because I feel so very overwhelmed by all the things that I really should get accomplished.  Last year I was in such a state of adjustment that I didn't even think about resolutions. And let's face it, I'm pretty horrible with resolutions. I am tempted to not even bother, but when I look back through my blog, I see that the only times that I actually accomplish anything are when I have a goal. I don't want my life to feel like one big giant checklist, but at the same time, I've realize that my time management skills have deteriorated (maybe they were never that great?).  So here are a few things that I'm going to attempt to work on this year. I'm hoping to "schedule" a few things to accomplish each day during nap time, and hopefully that will help me manage my time a bit better.
Wellness
Lose 10 pounds:  I still haven't lost the last ten pounds that I gained from being pregnant.  Ideally I'd like to lose more, but if I could lose 10 pounds, I would be at peace. I'll do the Cinch diet because that is pretty effective and works for me, but I don't think I'll be feeling up for that until February.  Regardless it needs to happen in 2017!
Do four yoga stretches each day, and attend yoga classes once or twice a week:  My flexibility has never been good, but after SC's birth, it has declined even more, so it is time to take action.

Mind
Learn how to use our camera: We have a nice camera, and I should really learn how to use it.  I think if I just watch a few tutorials that would help, but it is just a matter of making it a priority.
Read at least one book every month: Taking SC to story time allowed me to start reading again and made me feel more like myself, so I'd like to make sure I keep doing this.
Blog at least twice a week: Twice a week is enough to keep up with the simple happenings of our life and also keep it from being overwhelming.
Attend church as regularly as possible (hopefully at least two times a month) and get involved in the church community (maybe join a group?)

Home 
Cook one new recipe a week
Meal plan
Follow and adhere to the grocery budgetOrganize our pantry
Organize kitchen cabinets
Make labels for office organization
Organize desk
Organize linen closet
Create and implement a cleaning schedule

Here's hoping for a healthy and happy 2017, even if I am a little late in coming up with my goals!

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

Loved reading your goals and best of luck on achieving them this year. hugs!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

These are great goals! And you can totally do it! Wishing you the best year yet!