New Year's Day Recap!

For New Year's Eve the only thing I really want is a cheeseball (I know everyone makes fun of them, but they are a holiday staple to me) and some sparkling wine to ring in the new year.  This holiday SC went down at her usual time, despite the fact that our neighbors celebrated with fireworks all night.  Who knew we would be getting a free show?
On New Year's Day, we decided to go visit my parents.  They were still under the weather a bit (we kept SC away from my dad, which is why there are no pictures of him), so here's hoping that we won't get sick, but it was really nice to be able to celebrate with them. My parents got her a book that sings "Old Macdonald" when you push a button and she was a huge fan.  They had also gotten her a similar book that sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and at various points over the weekend she had them both going simultaneously.  It was pretty hilarious how seriously she took it upon herself to keep the  nursery song round going.
Her big gift from them was a Smart Trike.   The husband put it together and she was pretty obsessed with having us push her around in it. 
That evening the husband made crispy collard greens and black eyed peas. 
While the husband was forcing himself to choke a few down, SC was happily chomping away and asked for more three times.  So hopefully we will have a lucky 2017!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Such a sweet little recap of New Years! People here did fireworks too and I thought that was funny!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I love cheese balls! I actually made a sausage cheese dip, same thing only different! Looks like an amazing time with family! Happy New Year!