Two Weekend Recaps

Our computer was broken for the first part of last week, so I never got around to posting a recap of our trip to see my parents two weekends ago.   While we didn't really "do" anything, it was just really nice to have the time together.  My sister-in-law had fallen and fractured one of her vertebrae, so the trip home ended up being good timing, as there were extra hands to help with my niece.  My brother was also working 12 hour day and night shifts that weekend (I don't know how he does that with so little turnaround time), so in a weird way, I think it worked out as well as it could.
This was my dad's rocking chair when he was a kid!
My dad loves nothing more than holding his granddaughters.  Unfortunately, SC is a little wiggly now, but my niece thinks grandpa's lap is the best place to sleep!




Even the husband got in on the newborn snuggles. I really don't think there is anything better than a sleeping baby.
Of course, SC was living the good life with her doting grandparents, aunts and uncle.









My niece is getting so much more alert, but SC still isn't quite sure what to make of it all. We had a great trip and really enjoyed having a long weekend together.

This past weekend wasn't quite as fun.  While I did get to go shopping on Saturday morning,  poor SC came down with a cold Saturday afternoon, and everything kind of came to a standstill after that.  She didn't really sleep Saturday night except, but she seems to be doing a little better each day.  I'm pretty sure she just has a cold, but we are going to check with the doctor to make sure an ear infection isn't lurking...she is also teething, so it is hard to know exactly what is going on!  If she wasn't so miserable, I'm sure she'd try to pretend she was sick every day because I'm afraid that we've coddled her as much as we can possibly think of with bottles, Baby Beluga and extra bath time.

3 comments:

MWH said...

Love her sheets, she's ready for V-day!

Annie said...

Feel better dollbaby!!

Elle Sees said...

Sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well. Glad she had a good visit with the family.