Toy Kitchens and Shelves!

While we were in Florida, we went to a local thrift store with my MIL and SC's great-grandma and saw this toy kitchen.  SC was interested in it, and I really couldn't get over how cute it was. It was only $30, and if I could have figured out how to get it back here, I would have bought it in a minute.  I searched a little bit for it online and I think it is discontinued, but it really started my toy kitchen fever!  All of the sudden I became obsessed with SC needing to have a little toy kitchen of her own.
After watching SC attempt to eat the toy food at the library's toy kitchen, I realized that while the toy kitchens are adorable, what she is really into at this stage is just playing with the toy food.  So, in an effort to keep huge toys out of the house for a little longer (let's be real, we will probably be buying a toy kitchen sooner rather than later), I decided to clear out a cabinet in the kitchen for her to play with and "stock" it with a basket of toy food and some small utensils. To make it a little more playful, I lined the shelves with some wrapping paper.  I think it turned out to be a fun little space, considering that I didn't put too much time or money into it.
SC seemed pretty taken with the novelty of it, and I might switch themes, if I happen to run into some different wrapping paper I like.  I am thinking of doing a lemonade/ ice cream theme in the summer and maybe a hot cocoa/tea theme in the winter! Anyways, that's SC's little kitchen cabinet for now!  Is anybody else obsessed with toy kitchens?

7 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I LOVE toy kitchens, esp diy ones. The girls have one and we use it every day. Ketchup and soap soup is the 2 yr old's specialty ;)

Annie said...

This is the most adorable idea ever!

Elizabeth at The Lovely Latte said...

I love that idea and it will keep her happy and busy while you cook! I saw that exact kitchen on our local resale group and tried to snag it for M but someone else already claimed it. I always hear how difficult they are to put together so I'd love to get one where someone already did all the work! Haha!

P*P*P said...

This is THE CUTEST! What a great idea!!!

violinista said...

Great idea! I'll have to look into doing this for Maddie. She loves taking out my real pots and pans:/

violinista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Girl who Loved to Write said...

This is absolutely adorable!!