Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great Superbowl weekend!

On Saturday, I drove up to Northern Virginia to go celebrate a friend's birthday. Even though it was a lot of driving that day, I have to admit that I enjoyed a break from toddler tunes and listening to NPR and podcasts instead.  It was also fun to go out to lunch without our toddlers in tow and to really catch up.  With that said, I also loved seeing her son; he is two and really talking now! And meanwhile back at home, SC and the husband had a fun day at the Children's Museum (although apparently SC was bummed when she found out she could not take home the toy groceries...).
This was wall art at the resauraunt we went to.  I love how they decorated for Valentine's Day!
Sunday morning was so relaxing.  We did go to church, and she did pretty well until the end, and then we stopped by the nursery in hopes she will associate that space as a happy one.
The husband is going to be traveling for work for the next two weeks, so we kept things nice and low key on Sunday night.  Although, he did decide to make some fried pickles for the game, which were actually really good. I gave him a hard time about it, but I actually highly recommend them-the flavors with the sauce are super tasty!
And here we are to Monday! My mom is coming to visit this afternoon for a day visit, so I better get to cleaning and prepping dinner before nap time is over!

2 comments:

P*P*P said...

Sounds like a lovely, weekend! Glad you had some time to yourself (it's always much deserved, I think..from one SAHM to another!) :) I love fried pickles...I think I'll make these!

StephTheBookworm said...

SC.. the cutest!

So nice to have some alone time, isn't it?! Glad you enjoyed it.