Five for Friday

Happy Friday!  We've had a nice week, filled with story times, play dates and park time.  Here's what else we've been up to!

ONE
I can't believe that St. Patrick's Day is only a week away!  I'm not really a huge fan of the holiday, but my husband's family is part Irish, so I made up these little cards at Walgreens to send them.  They aren't anything fancy, but I think the grandparents will enjoy a little snail mail.
TWO
I know everyone probably knows about these snack cups, but I just picked up two of them before SC's plane ride.  They have been wonderful at stemming the steady spills of puffs. I'm not saying SC doesn't still leave a crumb trail wherever she goes, but I feel that I have a fighting chance now.  Is there anything else like this that I should have bought months ago?!
Taking out the trash apparently makes SC hungry
THREE
I've been sticking to my jogging every day (with the exception of Monday when I had a headache), and I really appreciate the time to just take it all in.
FOUR
I didn't make any new recipes this week, but last week I made a mango salsa pork tenderloin.  Neither SC or the husband were crazy about the mango, but the rub on the pork tenderloin was especially good.  It was just some brown sugar, smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper.  It was a super easy meal I plan on making again this spring!
FIVE
The weather here this past week has been so lovely (although it is going to snow on Sunday!), so SC has been to the park lots this week. 
So many aspects of  motherhood are actually pretty slow in the moment, and sometimes I think our days will always be filled with afternoon trips to the park followed by an examination of leaves in the driveway.  However, something about this week made me realize just how precious this time is and how lucky we are for the joy brought by swings, slides and sunshine.

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

saw said...

What a lovely post! I LOVE the cute St. Patrick's Day card of SC. SC with her snack cup taking out the trash made me giggle. Good job with your jogging this week, and I seriously wish I was there for that mango pork meal. It looks yummy!!! Have a happy Friday!!! This truly is a precious time of our life.

Annie said...

She is precious. I love those pictures of her at the park!!!

Elle Sees said...

I love those snack cups!! And the cards are TOOOO cute.

Kristin said...

I LOVE those snack cups. The Munchkin 360 sippy cups also have been a big hit at our house